Frequently Asked Questions
Competition rules and regulations
These can be consulted on the rules and regulations page : click here
1 January 2019 > Registration opening dates
==> Registration by internet
Until 8 March 2019 > On-line registration
Until 15 March 2019 > Samples reception
==> Registration by post
Until 8 March 2019 > Registration + samples reception
==> Key dates
13 April 2019 > Frankfurt International Trophy
17 April 2019 > Publication of results
What must the wine analysis report contain?
An analysis report per wine (level of alcohol, glucose + fructose sugars, total and volatile acidity, SO2, excess pressure from carbon dioxide for sparkling)
Which wines are allowed to compete?
All the vintages are allowed in the competition.
How many products can be presented?
You are not limited in the number of products you can present. Wine merchants must have a mandate for the presentation of wines they do not own.
How many samples need to be sent?
Wines : 3 labelled bottles per wine must be sent to the address indicated on the form. The wines must have a label and a cap.
Beers : 3 labelled bottles, per product presented
Spirits : 2 labelled bottles, per product presented
Beers and Spirits registration
Which are the categories?
What should we write on the package for Customs?
The shipping and customs fees must be paid by the sender.
1. Choose "incoterm" : DDP Delivered Duty Paid.
2. Specify in all your documents: "Value in customs 0.5 euros per product. Samples for tasting purposes only, no commercial value."
3. Add on all your documents our EORI number: %NUMERO_EORI%. N° VAT %NOM_CONCOURS% : %NUMERO_TVA%
4. CAUTION : Make sure that the total shipment value remains below 20 € (20 $). If not, you will pay additional customs fees.
5. Avoid using DHL; they often charge additional customs duties.